Sunday, January 11, 2015

Oh the flowers!!

I have become very interested in flower arrangements...I think it's part of my need to put things together and see how individual pieces can fit together. Or I just like to put pretty things together :) Either way, I have started doing these arrangements for the past couple of months. 

My favorite flowers are Lillies (any kind), Cottage Roses and Hydrangeas. Cottage roses are the flowers I work with the most because they work with just about any flower or on their own and they are the easiest to find and buy. I also work a lot with Carnations (as you will see below). I normally do two different arrangements, one in a larger case and one in a mason jar, that way I can use a good amount of flowers and I can put them in different areas of our house. 

One of my favorites is my most recent arrangement. It includes Cottage Roses and Alstroemerias: 


The orange cottage roses were a great find (and the same color from some of our wedding roses) and I was happy to work with a great filler flower. 


I have included some more of my favorites below:








No comments:

Post a Comment