Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday Morning Quick Tip- Magazines and Newspapers

Good morning! It's a new week and for me this week is going to be full of some changes to my routine! Going to be changing and adding things all throughout this month for a continued healthier lifestyle.

This mornings quick tip is all about those pesky magazines and newspapers that get piled up. Magazines and newspapers get saved for all sorts of reasons, maybe there is an article that you wanted to save or a design that you kept to implement in a room in the future. The problem comes from keeping the entire magazine. A lot of times when we find something in a magazine or newspaper we will keep the entire paper or magazine just for a couple of articles, or we get it in the mail and haven't read the magazine. They then get piled up in the corner and collect dust and make a room look cluttered.


Magazine's and Newspapers should be purged about once a month (or bi weekly depending how many magazines or papers you get). What I normally do (picture above) is pull my stack of magazines and papers and start pulling out any pictures or articles that I want to keep. I normally do this in our living room and have the tv on or a movie (this time it was Harry Potter :) ). I then take the article or picture that I have pulled out and put it in a notebook using some Mod Podge to glue it in. That way everything that I wanted to keep is in a central location. You can also use a binder with page protectors or a expandable file holder if either of those will work better for you.




This will look better and be less stressful in the long run to have everything in one location and tucked away rather than that stack of magazines piling up.

No comments:

Post a Comment