Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Tea Time Tuesday- Tea Storage


It's a happy day today! It isn't Monday (that is over and done with for this week) and we get to talk about Tea! 

Today, as promised, I will go into my tea storage. I have two different storage options (well really I have three, but the third is simply a drawer for my "secondary"tea that isn't my favorite but isn't bad). 

First off, the way I have my tea stored right now is not my ideal or favorite option. At the moment, and in this house, it is about the only option I have. It is on a shelf below my mug and teacup storage. I have one section for my loose leaf tea and another section for the bagged tea's that I have. 


Lots and Lots of Tea!!
For my loose leaf tea I generally use tins to store the tea. I collect the tins and then place a label on the bottom of the tin with what tea is in each tin. I am still getting tins as I go along. The big thing about storing tea is that you want it to be air tight. My favorite tins to buy or the Teavana one's (the red, green and bronze tins), they are cute and have a rubber seal under the lid so they stay air tight.

Tea Tin from Target
For my bagged tea, which side note is mostly Twinings tea, I have a tea chest. This chest holds all the bagged teas and keeps them fresh. It is able to be closed but since the bags that I have are enclosed in their own individual bags I leave the chest open so it can be displayed. This is one of my favorite purchased in terms of storage. 


Well, there you have it. That is my tea storage at the present moment. It's not my favorite. I feel like it is a little cluttered and not set up as well as I would like. I am looking for a separate chest or cabinet that I can have all of my tea stuff displayed. Once I find it, I will definitely be sharing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment