Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Tea Time Tuesday!

Good morning everyone!!

Let's talk about tea kettles. I firmly believe in having a stove top tea kettle :) I have one currently sitting on my stove top in my favorite color.

There is just something about having a tea kettle on your stove and then using it. This particular tea kettle is the Kitchen Aid 2.0 Quart with Full Stainless Steel Handle and Trim Band in the color Cameo Blue. It is so nice! The whistle is very loud and very not expected. It will certainly let you know when the water is boiling. I haven't had any problems with the handle becoming too hot or the spout dripping water everywhere.

Now, I know that a tea kettle is not for everyone. I have two other options for hot water. One is an electric tea kettle. I have one that is currently at my office so that I can easily make a cuppa during my busy work day. The electric tea kettle is a great option as well, it doesn't have a whistle (or at least mine does not) and it fits just under 2 quarts of water. I have the Hamilton Beach 40870 Stainless Steel 10-cup Electric Kettle (which I don't have a picture of, because it is at my office :)). You simply press the button down to boil the water and it clicks off when it is done. The heating element is hidden underneath the kettle. It is a good reasonably priced tea kettle and gets the job done quickly.

Now, I also use a Keurig on occasion (mostly on the rare times that my husband and I are both home and he is sleeping), but it is not my favorite way to get hot water. It certainly heats the water and does the job, but it just isn't the same. I highly prefer using my stove top tea kettle.

Next week, I will have another tea review up for you! Until then, enjoy a nice cup of hot tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment