Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday Morning Quick Tip- An Inbox System

Good morning everyone! Happy Monday! Let's get the week started off right!

This morning I am going to quickly talk about an "inbox" system. I firmly believe that everyone needs a "catch all". This is part of the catch all system. I have a sort of tray that I put paper in (picture included below). Anything that comes in to the house, that is paper and needs to be handled goes in to this tray. If it doesn't belong in the tray, chances are it doesn't need to come into the house (aka it goes in trash or recycling). I go through the tray twice a week (although this you can customize this based on your own needs). Mostly what goes in this tray are order forms, invoices, things for the blog or business, and cards. I then go through twice a week and sort through the tray to put everything where it needs to go.

This is something that I highly recommend to anyone I talk to or work with because a lot of time, things just go places. They go wherever there is room for it (or in some cases, where there isn't room) and it gets lost or overlooked. This system helps to handle that and if you put it somewhere where you see it constantly, you are going to want to empty it out and handle what has been put in it. This is a temporary place to put things that you do not have a chance to handle right at the moment you get them.


No comments:

Post a Comment