Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tea Time Tuesday


As I always say, it's my favorite day of the week! I love that I have been able to incorporate a second love and passion into this blog. Today I have another review, however next week I am going to show you some of my tea storage (which just keeps growing!). 

Today's review is interesting. In my original outline for this post, my review was not all that great. I did not care for this tea at the outset. I really had high hopes, but it just wasn't seeming to work out. However, I wanted to try one more option before I wrote a bad review, simply to say that I tried everything. It turns out that maybe that's all it needed!

Tea: PG Tips Green Tea Vibrant Mandarin Orange. 


I have liked green tea, it is how I normally start my morning and daily tea drinking. I have only had the Tazo Zen Green Tea, which is my favorite and a green tea I rarely not drink in the morning. However, I love orange anything and PG Tips has always made great tea. I figured I could not go wrong with this tea! 

The smell is fantastic. The mandarin orange takes over and smells delicious. Based on the smell alone, I would have recommended this tea to anyone who liked oranges and tea. However my first couple cups of this tea were far from good. Honestly, it tasted like hot water. The flavor did not pull through with tea like I thought it would. I was very disappointed. I tried it a couple different times and no change. I had a friend try it as well, and she said the same thing, it tasted like hot water. I figured hey, I'm not a total green tea kinda girl. I usually only have one cup of it and it is the Tazo blend. I came to terms with the idea of that. 

On Friday, while talking to my friend (and taste testing another green tea, which will be reviewed later on), I decided I would give it one more shot and this time I would add something to it. I wasn't sure what it would be, but I would try it with something. This is kind of a big deal for me. I usually never add anything to my tea. If I have straight black tea, I MAY add a little cream, but generally I just drink straight tea. I really wanted to give this tea every shot that I could.

I paid close attention to my steeping time for the tea and then added some honey to the tea after it was done steeping. This changed everything! Now, I always pay attention to steeping time, however I usually go a minute or two over the recommended time, however for this particular cup I decided to be exact. The honey added a hint of sweetness to my cup and allowed the orange flavoring to come through in the way I think it should have originally. It tastes quite a bit better! I am so glad that I gave  this tea another chance and switched up my normal!!


No comments:

Post a Comment